Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I solemnly vow to never watch the following movies:


  • Titanic: From what I can gather, a mawkish special effects extravaganva. Combine this with the then-ubiquitous Celine Dion theme song and you have my own personal Kryptonite.
  • The Passion of the Christ: I'm not a big fan of gore-fests. I especially don't like them with anti-Semitic overtones.
  • Fever Pitch: The shock and disgust I felt seeing Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore celebrating on the field after the Red Sox won the World Series has not left me to this day.
  • The Da Vinci Code: Any movie based on such ridiculous and ridiculously popular source material must be dreck. I shudder to think of what a movie version of Angels and Demons would be like.


Also, in light of the release of World Trade Center, I also vow never to see any fictionalized account of the events that occurred on September 11. However respectful the treatment may be, I feel that such an effort can only subtract, not add. It's been said that the only comparable event in American history is the attack on Pearl Harbor. I fear that in 50 years, moviegoers of the future will be subjected to the September 11th equivalent of dreck such as Pearl Harbor. A revolting thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home