Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"The Da Vinci Code" foofaraw

Personally I have no plans to see The Da Vinci Code movie or read the book. I once skimmed through someone else's copy of Dan Brown's previous effort Angels and Demons and found it utterly ridiculous, so I don't expect much from his later efforts. For me, I think Umberto Eco covered this ground much better in Foucalt's Pendulum (incidentally my copy was given to me by my old priest).

Instead of indifference some are greeting the movie with indignation, especially those of the Christian persuasion. I don't care to get into why here, but unless you've been living as a hermit the last year or so, you likely know. However, as this story indicates, the movie has incurred the wrath of another group as well:

Also, while not planning a protest or boycott, members of the National Organization for Albinism and Hypopigmentation expressed unhappiness with the film's heavy, a monk-assassin, being an albino, as described in the book.

Michael McGowan, an albino who heads the organization, said "The Da Vinci Code" will be the 68th movie since 1960 to feature an evil albino. He said the group aims to use the movie's popularity to raise awareness about the realities of albinism. People with albinism have little or no pigmentation in their skin, eyes and hair.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God made manis his image. Why would man have a penis if God did not? What does God use his penis for? If God doesn't use his penis, it is probable that Jesus wouldn't need his once he got back to heaven. So he used human element here.

So sayeth Snake Driver. So say we all.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home