Monday, May 01, 2006

High gas prices

Visiting home last week it seems all I heard on the news and from friends and family were the "high" gas prices. I've been fortunate recently to live in areas where driving isn't necessary for me to carry out my livelihood. Some aren't quite so fortunate. What to do about it? Why are they so high? Are they really that high? Is this a good or bad thing? I don't know, but politicians seem to have many ideas about who's to blame and what to do about it. This quote summarizes the general thinking of both parties quite nicely:

Democrats are [...] generally in favor of higher gasoline taxes and higher gasoline prices--except when gasoline prices are high. Republicans are in favor of letting oil markets "work"--except when gasoline prices are high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home